Friday 1 May 2009

Growing Food







This project is about increasing peoples’ awareness about Growing Food and inspiring others to give it a go. Being no green thumb myself it was really by accident that I learnt about some of the fantastic community activities happening in Melbourne to do with growing food, guerrilla gardening and local food swaps.
All the participants are involved in growing food whether it be simply growing a pot of herbs on their window ceil or participating in large scale market gardens such as at CERES. In the form of a questionnaire I asked them to share about their experiences with growing food. In the process of doing this project not only did I walk away with many bags of lemons and tomatoes I also leant a thing or two about the importance of community, sharing and of course some gardening tip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Amy and Andrews indoor herb garden is amazing!! If they can grow herbs in their small apartment then anyone can do it!